Can I get a restraining order against a neighbor?

Pennsylvania does not have restraining orders. We do have protection from abuse orders (PFAs). These can be obtained on someone you reside with (household member), family member or a current or ex-intimate partner. There are 3 types of PFAs. The first is an emergency PFA, which is only good until the next business day. The second is a temporary PFA, which is good for 10 days and the 3rd is a Final PFA, which can be in effect for up to 36 months. Emergency PFAs can be obtained from the magistrate or after normal business hours or weekends, from night court. Temporary and Final PFAs are obtained from the family division in Pittsburgh.

Show All Answers

1. Can I get a restraining order against a neighbor?
2. Do I need to call 911 to contact the North Fayette Police?
3. How do I obtain a copy of a police report or accident report?
4. I received a citation. What do I do?
5. If I receive a North Fayette $5 parking ticket, where do I pay it?
6. I’m leaving for vacation tomorrow and I am worried about burglars, what can I do?
7. Someone just rang my door bell and asked me if I wanted to purchase some merchandise, should he be doing this?
8. When can I come to the police department and file a report?
9. Where is the magistrate located?
10. Where is the police station located?