The North Fayette Police Department consists of 23 sworn officers (2 detectives), 6 public safety dispatchers and a secretary. Our Police Department operates its own dispatch center that is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
North Fayette Police Department officers offer the following services:
- School Resource Officer: Dedicated to West Allegheny High School, Middle School, McKee Elementary and Donaldson Elementary.
- Police K-9: The North Fayette Police Department K-9 Unit provides support to NFPD members and other surrounding law enforcement agencies by safely and efficiently searching buildings and vehicles, apprehending suspects, tracking fleeing suspects, and protecting Police Officers. The K-9 will also provide support by finding evidence, searching for lost subjects that are in extreme danger and giving public demonstrations for civic events and organizations.
- Motor Carrier Safety Assistance Program (MCSAP): Officers routinely conduct inspections of Commercial vehicles to improve the safety on the roadways of North Fayette.
- Aggressive Driving Enforcement and Education Program: Enforcement of specific traffic laws to deter aggressive driving on North Fayette roadways.
- Pennsylvania Buckle Up: This program is in place to improve the driving safety on North Fayette roadways.
- Fingerprinting of Residents for Employment Purposes
- Refuse to be a Victim and Ladies Firearm Safety Programs: Educates our residents on different aspects of personal safety issues.
- Car Seat Safety: This program that offers a certified Child Passenger Safety Technician to assist you with the proper installation of child safety seats.
- Crime Tip Line: 724-693-3124 or Email the Tip Line. The North Fayette Township Police Department Anonymous Crime Tip Line is for the confidential reporting of information to the North Fayette Township Police Department. The information left on the Tip Line will be checked frequently, and investigated as necessary. If an incident is an emergency or requires an immediate response, the North Fayette Township Emergency Dispatch Center can be reached at 412-787-8900.
- Swiftreach Emergency Notification System: This is an emergency notification system that enables us to reach you via phone, email, text, or Social Media. In our efforts to provide more reliable communications with residents in North Fayette Township, we have implemented Swiftreach Networks, Inc. as our Emergency Notification service provider. Swift911™, in its simplest form, is a system that makes phone calls to specific people or areas in the event of an emergency or for sharing important information. The calls that you receive will have the Caller ID of 'North Fayette Township' or 'North Fayette Police Department'. If you are not receiving these calls, please click here to add or update your contact information. You may also remove yourself from our lists.
- Vacation Watch: Click this link to provide is with the details of your property and the date ranges you will be gone. Once you're added to our database, your property will be patrolled while you're away.
- Overnight Parking: Click this link to provide us with the details of your vehicle and the location where it will be parked. We will add the request to our database to ensure you're not ticketed.
- Vehicle lockout assistance