Our police department is committed to making North Fayette a safer, more livable community for our residents, businesses, and visitors alike. Our goal is to have a community in which residents can feel safe and secure. In order to achieve this common goal, it is imperative that the police and community work together.
The North Fayette Police Department is a team of proud, dedicated, professional officers who provide proactive community-oriented law enforcement operations daily. Our officers continually strive to provide the best possible service to our citizens by ensuring professional and courteous communication during each community interaction. Our police officers are a vital part of the community and strive to maintain high visibility and accessibility. When you see our officers out in the community, please feel free to engage with them, and most importantly, always remember they are there to ensure your safety.
Core Values of Our Culture
We always do what is right and we live with pure integrity.
We face our fears, dangers, and adversaries at the moment they happen with the highest level of moral courage.
We treat everyone with profound respect.
We fulfill our mission of Servant Leadership by putting the needs of others before ourselves.
We have faith in each other as highly trained, knowledgeable, and empathetic Police Officers.
We maintain a fierce defense of the organization and tenets on which we stand.
We represent our organization with sincere affection and respect for the foundation our predecessors assembled, our tradition, and our never-ending commitment to excellence.
The mission of the North Fayette Township Police Department is to provide the community with the highest quality of law enforcement service. The men and women of this organization are committed to working in partnership with the community by safeguarding life and property, preserving the peace, preventing, and detecting crime, enforcing the law, and protecting the rights of all citizens.
We are resolved to respect individual rights, human dignity, and the values of our community members and department personnel. We are committed to conducting ourselves with honor and integrity, which reflects on us both individually and collectively. We will hold ourselves accountable to the highest standards of professional conduct and ethics. We will strive to enhance our tradition of elite service, to ensure our residents and visitors a superlative quality of life within North Fayette Township, and we will achieve a level of performance that exceeds expectations.
The North Fayette Police Department consists of 28 sworn officers, 2 detectives, and 4 School Resouce Officers (SROs).
North Fayette Police Department officers offer the following services:
- School Resource Officers: Dedicated to West Allegheny High School, Middle School, McKee Elementary, and Donaldson Elementary.
- Police K9: The North Fayette Police Department K-9 Unit provides support to NFPD members and other surrounding law enforcement agencies by safely and efficiently searching buildings and vehicles, apprehending suspects, tracking fleeing suspects, and protecting Police Officers. The K-9 will also provide support by finding evidence, searching for lost subjects that are in extreme danger, and giving public demonstrations for civic events and organizations.
- Motor Carrier Safety Assistance Program (MCSAP): Officers routinely conduct inspections of commercial vehicles to improve roadway safety in North Fayette.
- Aggressive Driving Enforcement and Education Program: Enforcement of specific traffic laws to deter aggressive driving on North Fayette roadways.
- Pennsylvania Buckle Up: This program is in place to improve driving safety on North Fayette roadways.
- Fingerprinting of Residents for Employment Purposes
- Refuse to be a Victim and Ladies Firearm Safety Programs: These programs educated our residents on different aspects of personal safety issues and teaches proper handgun safety and supervised shooting instruction.
- Car Seat Safety: This program offers a certified Child Passenger Safety Technician to assist you with the proper installation of child safety seats.
- Crime Tip Line: 724-693-3124 or Email the Tip Line. The North Fayette Township Police Department Anonymous Crime Tip Line is for the confidential reporting of information to the North Fayette Township Police Department. The information left on the Tip Line will be checked frequently and investigated as necessary. If an incident is an emergency or requires an immediate response, PLEASE dial 911.
- CivicReady Emergency Notification System: This is a registration-based notification system that enables us to reach you via phone, email, or text depending on the types of alerts you wish to receive. If you would like to receive these alerts, please click here to be redirected to the CivicReady site. If you were previously registered with our SwiftReach alert system, your information has been migrated to the CivicReady system for you, but we do suggest that you take a moment to review your preferences and make any desired changes. You may opt-out of this service at any time and there is no charge to residents, though message and data rates may apply depending on your mobile service provider.
- Vacation Watch: Complete the Vacation Watch form to provide us with the details of your property and the date ranges you will be gone. Once you're added to our database, your property will be patrolled while you're away.
- Overnight Parking: Complete the Overnight Parking form to provide us with the details of your vehicle and the location where it will be parked. We will add the request to our database to ensure you're not ticketed.
- Vehicle lockout assistance