Please be advised that the Township has contracted with 2 electrical inspection agencies (listed on the Cover-all-Contacts form) that must be used for all electrical inspections.
Repairs & Work Not Requiring Permits
Permits are not required for ordinary repairs on the following:
- Roof shingle replacement
- Siding installation or replacement
- Residential playground equipment
- Window replacement (as long as there are no opening size changes to the bedroom or basement windows)
- Door replacements
- Finished basements (as long as there is no structural work)
- On grade patios
- Sidewalks and Driveways
- Deck floor board replacement only (deck floor boards do not include the supporting structure such as posts, beams, or floor joists).
Work That Requires Zoning Permit Only
Decks (less than 30 inches above grade), detached accessory structures such as sheds, garages, and greenhouses (less than 1,000 square feet), agricultural buildings regardless of size, fences (six feet in height or less), and retaining walls (less than 4 feet in height).
Any Swimming Pool capable of containing greater than 24 inches of water (whether permanent, portable, or inflatable) must obtain a building permit and meet safety barrier requirements.
Residential Permit Forms
Upon submission of the required information listed above, the permit will be issued within 2 to 5 business days.
Informational Guides for Residential Projects
- Residential Building Permit Quick Guide and Application For building, mechanical, fire, demolition, and communications equipment permits.
- Zoning or Sign Permit Quick Guide and Application: For zoning only permits including decks less than 30 inches above grade, detached residential accessory structures less than 1,000 square feet, agricultural buildings, business occupancy permits, fences less than 6 feet in height, retaining walls less than 4 feet in height, and sign permits.
- Residential Deck Guide: Detailed requirements and procedures for obtaining residential deck permits. You should also download the Residential Building and Zoning Permit Quick Guide.
- Residential Deck or Porch Roof Guide: Detailed requirements and procedures for residential roof permits. You should also download the Residential Building and Zoning Permit Quick Guide.
- Swimming Pool, Spa, and Hot Tub Packet Guide: Detailed requirements and procedures for swimming pool, spa, and hot tub permits. You should also download the Residential Building and Zoning Permit Quick Guide.
- Fence Information: Requirements regarding the installation of residential fences.
- Residential Building, Addition, and Renovation Guide: Guidelines for adding an addition to a home.
- Parks and Recreation Fee Application Form
- New and Used Manufactured Home Permit Guide: Information and requirements for new and used manufactured homes.
- New Industrialized Home Permit Guide: Information and requirements for industrialized homes.
- New Home Business Guide: Information and permit requirements for Home Occupation or No-Impact Home Based-Businesses.
- New Home on Individual Lot Guide: Requirements and procedures for constructing a single-family home on an individual lot (not within a planned development).
- Sample Residential Survey: A sample survey for reference purposes.
- Pennsylvania Alternative Energy Credit Program: Used for residential energy compliance in lieu of REScheck or the International Energy Conservation Code.
- Easement Encroachment Agreement Application: Application and Procedures for the installation of fences, pools, or detached structures on easements.
- Small Project Stormwater Management Site Plan
- Demolition Permit Owner Authorization Form
- Fuel Gas Line Testing Affidavit Form: Use for testing fuel gas lines.